Know How You Can Easily Get Rid of Whiteheads
Skin care tips
Taking care of your skin is long term process but there are some ways effective for preventing the whiteheads in the first place. Try these tips:
- Wash your face at least once with a mild product, such as Dove or Cerave.
- Prefer lukewarm water for bathing and cleansing.
- Avoid using harsh scrubs, as it can cause skin irritation.
- Exfoliate twice a week. It will help in getting rid of dead cells that clog your pores, however exfoliating too much can cause further irritation and create more acne problems.
- Apply a sunscreen specially designed for the face. All-over sunscreen clogs facial pores.
- Regularly clean your hair as the oil from hair can clog your pores.
- Don’t let hair products touch your face.
- Clean your pillow case, smartphone, and sunglasses regularly to get rid of dirt, oil, and bacteria.
And if you love wearing makeup, there are certainly other things also you need to keep in mind:
- Clean your makeup before going to sleep.
- Choose for makeup products that labeled oil-free and noncomedogenic. These don’t clog your pores.
- Discard old makeup. All creams should be used within few months, while powders can last for a year.
- Avoid makeup jars, as it can harbor bacteria.
- Clean makeup brushes and sponges after every use.
- Never ever share your makeup and applicators.
Ironically, the first step to whitehead treatment is to take a hands-off approach. Touching your face every time invites more pore-clogging oil, dirt, and bacteria, causing more irritation.
Popping and picking whiteheads do more harm than good. In some cases, it can lead to permanent scarring. Your best bet is to seek other removal and preventive methods.
Home remedies are the easiest and affordable removal options. They usually involve things that are already available in your home.However, beware of damaging ingredients. You should immediately stop any remedy that is causing skin irritation.
While some home remedies may help, few other items can cause skin irritation. For example:
- lemon juice and apple cider vinegar can be too acidic for sensitive skin
- baking soda can be too harsh
- sugar crystals can worsen your inflammation and even cut your skin
Nowadays natural remedies are gaining too much popularity as compared to alternative skin treatments. The term “natural” may seem promising, but there is some downside of these treatments. Use the following items with caution.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a best natural anti-inflammatory oil. It also has antimicrobial benefits which can help in clear up whiteheads.
Witch hazel derived from it flowering plant can be effective in healing whiteheads with its astringent, pore-opening abilities.
Benzoyl peroxide can be effective in both spot treatment and full face treatment. It removes bacteria and excess oil. It’s in treating multiple whiteheads in one spot, as it reduces inflammation in the surrounding area.
Salicylic acid can help in decreasing oil production in pores. It dries out the surface of your skin, getting rid of dead cells that clog your pores.
Retinoids contain a stronger version of vitamin A. When used daily as a face cream, retinoid provides anti-aging benefits and unclog your pores too. Take special care when using retinoid creams. They may make your skin sensitive to the sun. Wear sunscreen daily, and avoid being in the direct sunlight during peak hours.
More in Skin Care
Five Hot Celebs with Enviable Abs Finally Reveal Their Secret
Hollywood fitness buffs know can sculpt enviable abs. Celebrities are red carpet-ready all the time and sport a strong, stable and...December 19, 2022
Get Your Skin All Glowy With These 4 Easy Tips
In the glittery world of social media, everyone seems to lead a perfect life with perfect outfits, perfect food, and not...November 5, 2022
Try Khloe Kardashian’s Easy Homemade Scrub with Only Two Things You Can Find In Your Kitchen
The Kardashian-Jenner clan members have dramas to face on their own but we got to hand it over to Khloe Kardashian,...October 7, 2022
4 Simple & Efficient Tips to Keep Your Skin Glowing This Winter
If you are someone who has a proper skincare routine, you must be bothered by dry skin in winter. Do you...September 19, 2022
Plastic Surgery is a No-no for Brooke Shields but She Admits Having a ‘Love Handle’ Procedure
Brooke Shields, at 53, is sanguine and accepts aging. In Los Angeles to celebrate her partnership with body-contouring treatment company SculpSure, the...August 22, 2022
Jane Fonda Absolutely Hates the Fact that She Wanted Plastic Surgery
Actress Jane Seymour Fonda was born to Hollywood royalty, with her dad being silver screen legend Henry Fonda, and she was...July 21, 2022
Kourtney Kardashian Sent Celebs a Poosh Box that Will Make You Green with Envy
The Kardashian-Jenner clan is not just taking television and social media by storm; they are also conquering the business world. The...July 11, 2022
You’ll Be Surprised When You See What These Past Golden Age Stars Look Like Now
Morgan Freeman — Now 84 years old Of course, Morgan Freeman needs no introduction as he is still a very popular...May 25, 2022
Celebrities Who Overcame Their Addiction
Addiction does not choose its victim. And some famous celebrities are not an exemption to this. Anxiety, depression, and many others...May 5, 2022