Face-lift: Everything You Should Know About It Before Undergoing
What is a facelift?
What to expect
Is it worth it?
However, the following points should be considered before going undergoing:
- Facelift surgery isn’t recommended for anyone who has a serious medical problem, and the person should be in a good mental and physical health condition.
- Patients with diabetes and high blood pressure have a higher risk of complications.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco use can increase the risk of complications after the procedure. It can interfere with the process of wound healing.
- It’s important to have a reasonable expectation and also remember that the facelift can not stop the overall aging process.
- Bone structure and good skin elasticity will render the best results.
- Patients should stop taking aspirin and other blood thinners for at least one week before the surgery.
It is important to have realistic expectations when undergoing any cosmetic surgery. The results are in general permanent.
- A lot of patients experience certain discomfort, however, medication often relieves the tenderness.
- Swelling and bruising will be at their worst after two days, and can even persist for a 2 to 5 days. Normally the recovery can take around 2 weeks, and vigorous activity may resume after the fourth week.
- Sutures are removed after 5 to 10 days.
- Bandages and incisions should be kept dry, and the person should follow all the specific guidelines about bathing and washing.
- It’s important to follow the surgeon’s instructions, as this will enhance the speed of healing process.
- Muscle stiffness and numbness is normal for some time period. Scars can take a year to fade away and tone down.
- It’s important to remember that genetics play its own role, but a healthy lifestyle followed with a balanced diet and a sufficient workout can also help in maintaining the appearance of the skin.
- Discard smoking and limit the alcohol intake, sun exposure, stress, and contact with all sorts of pollutants that can help to extend the youthful appearance of the skin.
More in Plastic Surgery
Here’s What You Should Be Looking For in Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
Once you’ve have decided that your naturally given assets need a little bit of help and that breast augmentation is the only way...March 3, 2023
Anderson And Goop Come Under Attack Because Of A Post
The owners of Goop in conjunction with Tracy Anderson, a fitness trainer working for Gwyneth Paltrow’s website, have released a rejoinder,...February 23, 2023
Don’t Give up on HIIT Just Yet! Learn How to Enjoy in 4 Simple Steps
Have you heard about HIIT (high-intensity impact training) from your favorite celebrity? After trying one session, you will come out of the class...January 1, 2023
Five Hot Celebs with Enviable Abs Finally Reveal Their Secret
Hollywood fitness buffs know can sculpt enviable abs. Celebrities are red carpet-ready all the time and sport a strong, stable and...December 19, 2022
Get Your Skin All Glowy With These 4 Easy Tips
In the glittery world of social media, everyone seems to lead a perfect life with perfect outfits, perfect food, and not...November 5, 2022
Try Khloe Kardashian’s Easy Homemade Scrub with Only Two Things You Can Find In Your Kitchen
The Kardashian-Jenner clan members have dramas to face on their own but we got to hand it over to Khloe Kardashian,...October 7, 2022
Plastic Surgery is a No-no for Brooke Shields but She Admits Having a ‘Love Handle’ Procedure
Brooke Shields, at 53, is sanguine and accepts aging. In Los Angeles to celebrate her partnership with body-contouring treatment company SculpSure, the...August 22, 2022
Jane Fonda Absolutely Hates the Fact that She Wanted Plastic Surgery
Actress Jane Seymour Fonda was born to Hollywood royalty, with her dad being silver screen legend Henry Fonda, and she was...July 21, 2022
Kourtney Kardashian Sent Celebs a Poosh Box that Will Make You Green with Envy
The Kardashian-Jenner clan is not just taking television and social media by storm; they are also conquering the business world. The...July 11, 2022