To Top

Here Are Some Short Cuts To Getting A Flat Tummy

A lot of people dream of having flat and firm abs. With this desire, they tend to get into the best losing weight training program that can also reduce the size of their bellies. No-fail stomach exercises can be a very good and healthy start of having flat abs and hourglass body figure.

With that in mind, we curate the following ab workouts that you can certainly do at home. It is true that there has been a variety of simple stomach exercises that you can do on your own with no equipment or gadget required. Here is the how-to list:

Simple Crunches

These are considered as one of the simplest and the most common exercises for strengthening and developing abdominal muscles. Though they do not show off extreme result right away, crunches are the safest and the most effective ab exercises.

Doing Crunches Effectively

Lie with your back flat on the floor, having your knees bent. See to it that you also have the balls of your feet and heels flat on the ground. Then, put your hands either over your chest or beside your head (choose the one you are comfortable with and used to). Always bear in mind that you never pull your head. This is to avoid any injury to the neck and head muscles.

Next, move your trunk forward – tightening the abs gently by carefully drawing in your tummy to your spine. Hence, a good way to boost the effectiveness of the workout is by pushing your chest and head up while pushing your lower back flat onto the ground. Squeeze hard. If you feel the tension on your tummy as well as the contraction of the abdominal muscles, it simply means that you are doing the crunches right.

Repeat for three to five times. However, if you have not tried working out for quite a long time or you seem to be a beginner, just settle for two to three times. Remember to do it always in moderation; never overdo it. Doing the crunches drastically can only bring further injury or extreme body pains.

Crunches Working on Your Muscles

We all want a toned, flat stomach. No surprise there. But since many women are still relying on crunches to get it, we want to make one thing clear: Crunching is not the most effective COMPLETE abs workout. “Crunches work only the muscles on the front and sides of your abdomen, but it’s important to target all the muscles of the core to get more defined abs—including lower back, hips, and upper thighs,” says Lou Schuler, co-author of The New Rules of Lifting for Abs.

Trade crunches for these three super-effective abs exercises from The New Rules of Lifting for Abs and you’ll be on your way to a perfectly toned, flatter tummy.

The Best Abs Exercises

Why it works: This abs exercise is more challenging than a traditional plank because you’re supporting your entire body weight on two points of contact instead of four. As a result, you must work your core harder to stay stabilized.

How to do it:

  1. Lie on your left side with your elbow directly beneath your shoulder and legs stacked. Place your right hand on your left shoulder or on your right hip.
  2. Brace your abs and lift your hips off the floor until you’re balancing on your forearm and feet so that your body forms a diagonal line. Hold for 30 to 45 seconds. If you can’t hold that long, stay up as long as you can and then repeat until you’ve held for 30 seconds total. Switch sides and repeat.

Beter stabilization moves; The standard plank and the anti-rotation hold.

Here’s the real thing…

Experts say that about 80 percent of your ability to reduce excess body fat is determined by what you eat. The other 20 percent related to exercise and other healthy lifestyle habits such as sleep and stress reduction. What this means is that if your diet is based on sugar/fructose and processed junk food, your chances of getting flat, ripped abs, even if you work out religiously, are quite slim.

You simply will not see defined abs unless you reduce your overall body fat, and a poor diet causes your body to hold on to excess fat, despite all your exercise efforts.

Remember that the master key really lies with your diet, followed closely by the type of exercise you engage in. So, it’s actually a combination of diet, right nutrition, and regular workouts.

More in Weight Loss